Why isn't my audiobook at one of the retailers I picked?
There's a couple things that could be happening:
- The vendor could have chosen to not offer it. Findaway Voices will deliver your book to each of your selections, but that doesn't guarantee that they'll make it available to their customers. For some vendors, they might have a strategical or tactical reason to hold off, such as wanting to limit how many new releases they add to their platform they add at a time. More vendor-specific context for known limitations is provided below.
- It just hasn't made its way there yet. If it's a newly uploaded book, keep in mind that it can take up to 30 days to be live at the majority of vendors.
- Not all vendors have a publicly searchable catalog. For example, library services are often hidden behind a patron account. In some very rare cases, we've also encountered subscription services not necessarily making all available titles publicly searchable to non-subscribers.
- We could have made a mistake. We try to avoid it - but it happens to the best of us! If you think there might have been a mistake during distribution, please let us know.
Vendor Specific Restrictions/Limitations
- Will only accept book if it exactly matches our technical specifications
- Only accepts audiobooks if the same book is available in print or eBook format on amazon.com
- Only accepts books in the following languages: English, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Finnish, Russian, Spanish, Catalan, Basque, Marathi, Hindi, Urdu, Bengali, Malayalam, Icelandic, Arabic, Turkish, Italian, Bulgarian, German
- Does not accept box sets
- Limitations on heavier erotica
- Generally supports a limited catalog (on purpose)
- Limitations on heavier erotica
- Chirp is a full catalog retailer. Note that titles on Chirp promotion are picked by the Chirp editorial team.
- Currently Chirp does not support a price point of $0.00 or "free". Titles with this price point will be filtered out of the catalog.
- OverDrive.com is intended for library end-users who are attempting to locate titles within their local library's collection. Titles are not displayed on OverDrive.com until they are purchased by a library. As a result, you will not be able to find titles on OverDrive.com right away.
- Currently OverDrive does not support a price point of $0.00 or "free". Titles with this price point will be filtered out of the catalog.
When will my audiobook be available for sale?
You can expect to see your title live at most retailers in 2–4 weeks from the time you submit for distribution (Audible in particular tends to take longer than most retailers and can take up to 30-45 days). To prevent any delays, please ensure that ...
How can I find my audiobook available for sale?
Remember that it can take up to 30 days (sometimes a bit longer) for your title to be live at the partners you've chosen. Retailer Links: The Retailer Links tool is now available for authors to retrieve their URL's for their audiobook(s). Please ...
How do I give away copies of my audiobook to groups or reviewers?
Every audiobook distributed with Findaway Voices may receive 100 redemption codes which you may use to give free copies of your audiobook to anyone you'd like at no cost to you or the listener. These one-time-use codes will allow you to give away ...
Do you offer short-term promotional pricing at retailers?
Absolutely! Findaway Voices now offers a beta promotional pricing tool, which can be accessed under the Marketing navigation tab. The new promotional pricing tool currently supports discounts for: Apple Books Chirp Chirp Featured Deal Note: If a ...
Can I include music in my audiobook production?
Music can add another fantastic layer of atmosphere to your audiobook listening experience, but do run some risk of distracting the listener or triggering retailer audio quality reviews. Here's some things to think about if you're thinking about ...