I already have a narrator I work with, can we use Findaway Voices?
Absolutely! There's two options for producing with a narrator you already work with.
1) Use our audiobook production platform
You can set the project up with Marketplace to produce the project through our platform with your selected narrator.
- If your narrator does not already have a Findaway Voices Narrator Profile, instruct your narrator to Sign Up and complete their Findaway Voices Narrator Profile.
- Make sure the Narrator Profile has been published, as this will ensure the narrator can be added to the project.
- Once you have confirmed the narrator has successfully published their profile, either visit their profile via the profile URL, or search for the narrator on Find Voices.
- On the narrator profile, use the Add to Casting List button to add the narrator to your project.
- Once the narrator is on your projects' casting list, click the blue Book for Production button. Our production team will reach out to both parties to coordinate the production.
2) Bring your finished audio files for distribution
You can work with your narrator directly and bring your fully finished audiobook to Findaway Voices for distribution using the "sell existing audio" option. Just make sure that your narrator knows about our technical requirements if you go this path, and note that the author, not the narrator, would be the one to load the audio on Findaway Voices. Bringing finished audio to Findaway Voices for distribution is free.
I'm a narrator, why should I work with Findaway Voices?
Here are the biggest benefits of working on Findaway Voices! Managed Productions: We'll recommend you whenever we think you'd be a great match for an author's book. The casting lists we send to authors usually recommend 5–10 narrators. This means ...
Can I have multiple Findaway Voices accounts?
Findaway Voices generally does not support having multiple accounts with the same legal information. Please review the following frequently asked questions surrounding multiple accounts. Note: Please review the last bullet point if you fall into both ...
How do narrator payments work?
Findaway Voices is built to be fair and flexible for both authors and narrators. Here's how it works for narrators: We pay narrators by their PFH (Per Finished Hour) rate, meaning they get paid based on the duration of the final performance. Each ...
I already started an audiobook project, can I switch to a Voices Share project?
If you've already started the audiobook production process, but have not yet signed a production agreement, it might be possible to switch to a Voices Share project instead. In order to switch to a Voices Share production, the following must be true: ...
Signing up as a narrator for Findaway Voices
Start by creating an account (select the Narrator option on signup) or log in at Findaway Voices. Then, read through and agree to our Independent Contractor Agreement for Narration Services, fill out your portfolio, and respond to our survey so we ...