How do I choose a narrator?
Choosing the right voice means everything. Tell us about your book and we’ll get to work hand-selecting the best narrators to bring your story to life. Findaway Voices differs in that we provide a curated list of recommended narrators specifically for your audiobook production.
All Findaway Voices auditions include a short, performed sample of your manuscript. Once you’ve picked your favorite narrator, you’ll have a chance to help guide their performance before they enter the studio.
If this is your first time with Findaway Voices, simply follow the instructions below. It's important to note that there is zero obligation to continue to audiobook production by requesting and receiving a curated casting list.
- First, create an account with Findaway Voices.
- Start a new audiobook project by clicking the green New Project button and choose the "I want to work with a narrator" option.
- Answer a few questions about your book and our narrator casting questions.
- Our casting team goes to work and within a week we share a curated list of narrators with bios, rates, and audio samples. You'll be able to see your personal casting list right in your Findaway Voices account.
- As you review your personalized recommendations, you may request an audition from your top candidate(s). They'll record a 3–5 minute audition from the manuscript you've provided (approximately 750 words). Findaway Voices coordinates all auditions, typically returning them in about one week.
- Once you've heard the auditions, make your final selection and we'll move on to production.
All narrator recommendations from Findaway Voices are tailored to your style preferences and material. Every narrator has been vetted for professionalism and quality.
Narrator Production Requirements
As a narrator, you'll be expected to deliver fully finished audio upon completion of the production. This means: The audio meets our technical specifications available here. The audio has been proofed against the manuscript to ensure it matches the ...
Narrator: Marketplace Production Phase
Producing the Performance in Production Phase As the narrator, it is your personal preference how you decide to upload audio files to the project. You can choose to upload files all at once, in batches, or individually. The rights holder is notified ...
Signing up as a narrator for Findaway Voices
Start by creating an account (select the Narrator option on signup) or log in at Findaway Voices. Then, read through and agree to our Independent Contractor Agreement for Narration Services, fill out your portfolio, and respond to our survey so we ...
I'm a narrator, why should I work with Findaway Voices?
Here are the biggest benefits of working on Findaway Voices projects: We'll recommend you whenever we think you'd be a great match for an author's book. The casting lists we send to authors usually recommend 5–10 narrators. This means when an ...
Narrator's Guide to Audiobook Production
What happens once you’ve been selected by the Rights Holder to narrate their audiobook? This document outlines the important steps that go into creating an audiobook with Findaway Voices! 1. Sign Project-Specific Agreement & Review Guidelines Sign ...