Do you offer short-term promotional pricing at retailers?
Absolutely! Findaway Voices now offers a beta promotional pricing tool, which can be accessed under the Marketing
The new promotional pricing tool currently supports discounts for:
- Apple Books
Chirp Featured Deal Note:
If a Chirp Featured Deal has been secured for your title, please do not submit a short-term promotional price for Chirp. This will cancel the featured deal price, and may cause the deal to not show up.
Once a promotion has been submitted, it cannot be changed, edited, or cancelled.
Some other important items to remember:
- When you set a promotional price, you are setting a promotional list price, not setting the sale price to the consumer (remember, you never get to set the sale price to the listener). The promotional list price will override your retail list price for the date range you choose, on the retailers you've selected, and thus affect your royalty.
- Retailers are not obligated to provide additional merchandising support or featured placement for discounted titles.
- If a retailer rejects your promotional pricing for any reason, your standard retail list price would apply.
- Promotions must be scheduled at least 3 days in advance and cannot be active for longer than 31 days, or shorter than 1 day.
- Future promotions cannot be scheduled further than 6 months in the future.
- You can have more than one promotion for the same book, but the effective dates cannot overlap.
How should I set the price of my audiobook
When setting the price of your audiobook, you should consider the duration, genre, and price of similar audiobooks, and your goals for the book. Some authors hope to maximize potential revenue per sale, and others are seeking more exposure and ...
How to Use the Promotional Pricing Tool
Findaway Voices now offers a beta promotional pricing tool, which can be accessed under the Marketing navigation tab. It's extremely easy to use. Follow these steps: Start by clicking the teal "Add a Promo" button Choose a name for the promotion - ...
Who sets the list price for my audiobook?
You set pricing and we pay based on that list price for sales through most of our distribution partners. You can update your list price at any time and we'll ensure all retailers are current with the price you set. The retailer does get to choose the ...
Can I update my audiobook details or pricing after I submit for distribution?
You can update most of your book's assets and details, including audio, cover art, metadata, distribution selections, and pricing, by navigating to your Findaway Voices project (you can find the appropriate page once you click on the book at ...
How much will I make per sale?
With Findaway Voices, authors set their own list prices and are paid royalties based on that price for the majority of vendor options, meaning more dollars earned for every sale. As the author, you keep 80% of all royalties Findaway Voices receives, ...